SADI-S surgery in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Jorge Maytorena
SADI-S weight loss surgery in Tijuana Mexico – Long Term Results Guaranteed.
SADI-S is an acronym for “Single anastomosis duodeno–ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy”, is a bariatric surgical technique to lose weight.
This new technique is a recent safe and highly effective modification of the historic duodenal switch, it also has significant advantages over the gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy. The traditional DS (BPD-DS) involved bypassing more than 80% of a person’s small intestines. While this operation led to high weight loss, a subset of patients suffered persistent vitamin or protein malnutrition in spite of supplementation.
Basically it has a restrictive component when reducing the greater curvature of the stomach, but specially a malabsorptive component, as the common channel is also reduced. The objective of this surgical technique is to lessen the intestinal loop where nutrients are absorbed.
This surgery involves removing about 85% of your stomach by forming a sleeve gastrectomy on top. This reduces the amount of food that you can consume at one time. In addition, just after the sleeve portion, the first portion of the small intestine immediately after the stomach is divided and brought in a loop of small intestines up to the stomach to bypass about half of the small intestines. This reduces the amount of calories that can be absorbed (as well as the amount of fat) even more than the bypass.
Advantages of SADI-S weight loss procedure:
- SADI-S operation has been shown to be safe and very effective.
- It is performed by minimally invasive surgery.
- Patients can expect to lose 80-100% of their unhealthy weight over about 9 months.
- This operation is very good at resolving obesity-related health problems such as high blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, and high cholesterol.
- Glucose control the first week after surgery.
- It has the highest success rate of any bariatric surgery in curing Diabetes II.
- Decreases the surgical time.