Gastric Bypass Surgery in Tijuana Mexico $3899 USD.
Long Term WLS offering long lasting results and high quality bariatric services.
Gastric Bypass Surgery – Tijuana Mexico
In gastric bypass surgery a large section of the stomach is stapled leaving a small pouch. Next, a section of the small intestine is attached to the pouch to allow food to bypass the lower stomach and much of the small intestine. The small pouch can accommodate only a few ounces of food at a time, and fewer calories and nutrients are absorbed due to bypassing the stomach and intestine. Thus patients eat less, absorb fewer calories and lose weight. Gastric bypass is typically reserved for patients who are more than 100 pounds overweight.
The most common gastric bypass surgery is a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. In a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, the stomach is made smaller by creating a small pouch at the top of the stomach using surgical staples or a plastic band. The smaller stomach is connected directly to the middle portion of the small intestine (jejunum), bypassing the rest of the stomach and the upper portion of the small intestine (duodenum).
This procedure can be done by making a large incision in the abdomen (an open procedure) or by making a small incision and using small instruments and a camera to guide the surgery (laparoscopic approach).
Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass
- Extensively studied and most frequently performed weight loss surgery in the U.S
- Restrictive and malabsorptive components to the procedure
- Complex procedure affecting multiple areas of the abdomen
- Lower stomach remains healthy and intact
- Less tolerance for foods high in sugar and fat
- Requires long term vitamin and mineral supplementation
- Does not require the implantation of a foreign device
- Initial and sustained weight loss ranging from 60% to 75% of excess body weight
- Not reversible